If you are worried about back IRS tax, then the best thing that you can do is to hire one of the many tax resolution firms to help you possibly come to a tax debt settlement. In order to make sure that you do not have to worry about how to get a tax lien removed or needing to ask how to get a tax lien removed, you should get help early in the tax debt process.
1. Wage garnishments occur when you wait too long to get back tax help and the IRS requires that your employer is required to withhold your earnings for the payment of a debt in accordance with a court order or other legal or equitable procedure. If you get help, then you might even be able to get a tax debt settlement.
2. If you feel that you are being contacted by the IRS in error, then the abatement process is the most common way to challenge IRS penalties. You will probably want to hire a tax attorney to help with this complicated process.
3. Taxpayers who file an Offer based on a theory as to doubt as to liability, or DATL, will need to establish that they have not otherwise had an opportunity to dispute a tax liability.
4. Effective Tax Administration, or ETA, offers require that the taxpayer is ineligible for an offer in compromise based on either a theory of Doubt as to Liability or Doubt as to Collectability. This means that you are either not actually required to pay the money and you have been contacted in error, or you will not ever be able to pay the IRS back due to your financial situation.
5. Former President George W. Bush signed a series of tax cuts into law in2001. The largest of these tax cuts was the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act.